Overseas and Student Membership
Student Membership of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers is open to people who have successfully completed the Association of Pet Dog Trainers Pet Dog Training Foundation and Part Two Instructor’s courses.
Student Members are required to do 30 hours of CPD per year, and to provide reviews of this to share with fellow Student Members.
Student members must agree to abide by the Association of Pet Dog Trainers Code of Practice and are subject to our complaints procedure in the same way as full members.
The fee is £25 per annum. This fee gives access to the Association of Pet Dog Trainers closed Facebook Group and a closed Facebook Group exclusively for Student Members for help, support and sharing information, as well as the APDT Newsletter. The Student Membership can be renewed for a maximum of five years before applying for full membership of the Association.
Please be aware that Student Members have to apply for full membership in the same way as any other applicant, ie via the Association of Pet Dog Trainers assessment process.
Student Members can display the APDT logo with ‘Student Member’ underneath it. They must ensure that they do not imply full membership of APDT.
Current Student Members
- Hannah Zeffira Barrop, Yorkshire – 07751 745482 –
- Judith Bryden, Dorset –
- Holly Carew, West Yorkshire – 07933 666628 –
- Cat Donald, West Yorkshire – 07825 370577 –
- Diana de Moura Stewart, Surrey – 07947 421360 – ">
- Annie Dowell-Caffrey, Leicestershire – 07496 710152 –
- Katie Everett, Oxfordshire – 07533 033700 –
- Lucy French, Hertfordshire – 07961 477976 –
- Jodie Guildharry, London – 079587 09964 –
- Amanda Hamilton-Shield, Bristol – www.idogwalkportishead.co.uk – 07403 818588 –
- Nancy Hogg, West Yorkshire – www.hoggsdogs.co.uk 07866 685230 –
- Anna Hope, Warwickshire – 01788 879831 –
- Jessica Irving, Cheshire – 07772 248056 – %20">
- Donna Lewis, Northamptonshire – 07948 045546 –
- Jane Longson, Surrey – 07748 037775 –
- Miranda McKinlay, Surrey – 07876 011498 –
- David Melville, West Lothian – 07833 147574 –
- Siobhan Murphy, Co Down – 07783 817003 –
- Anne Neale, Buckinghamshire 07808 093398 –
- Janet Oostendorp, Wiltshire – 01793 823266 –
- Anne Ray – Rowley, Somerset – 07759 229637 –
- April Sarson, London – 07792 697984 –
- Jackie Shave, Suffolk – 07818 055413 –
- Jacqueline Smallwood, West Yorkshire – 07919 483784 –
- Diana De Moura Stewart, Surrey – 07947 421360 –
- Melissa Symonds, Northamptonshire – 07723182471 –
- Steve Wenham, Nottinghamshire – 07875 664708 –
- Alex Wilson, Nottinghamshire – www.extradog.training 03300 883647 –
- Carla Wiltshire, Isle of Wight –
- Sarah Wright, Merseyside – 07984 549259 –
For a number of years, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers were pleased to accept overseas members. This required the Association to confirm appropriate standards of training. However, recent events have led us to conclude that it is no longer practical to do so.
New overseas membership will no longer be accepted.
After careful consideration, we decided that with effect from May 2010, current overseas membership would have to end. This decision was taken with some regret as we are aware that we have many overseas members who are very good trainers and who adhere to our Code of Practice in their teaching methods. However, it is simply not possible to properly monitor members who reside overseas.
It is our view that the best option is for you to join with other trainers in your country in order to set up your own Association or Group to encourage the same standard of Kind, Fair and Effective dog training that the Association seeks to promote. To this end, we will be more than happy to share our Code of Practice, Assessment System and Complaints Procedure with you and offer whatever support we can to help you establish your own group.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this decision may cause.