PART TWO COURSE
Our Part Two course is for people who have successfully completed the APDT Foundation course
Part Two Course – Residential
The residential Part Two course will be held at Moulton College, Northampton
Weekend one: Thursday, 23 June (evening), all day 24, 25 and 26 June 2022
Weekend two: Thursday, 8 September (early evening), all day 9, 10 and 11 September 2022
Cost: £1300 including accommodation and full board
Part Two Course – Online
The on-line course will be delivered via Zoom
Weekend one: Thursday, 24 March (evening), all day 25, 26, 27 March 2022
Weekend two: Thursday 14 July (early evening), all day 15, 16, 17 July 2022
What does the Part Two course include?
Clicker training – teaching novel behaviour
Training vs behaviour – where does training stop and behaviour start?
Creating Competent Trainers – Learning Cycle
Progressing exercises and proofing the cue – taking it to the next level and ensuring the dog really understands
Training the assistance dog – fun exercises for dog and owner
Breed specific challenges – understanding the need for different approaches
Reviewing the class – are your classes the best they can be?
Challenging dogs and owners and how to deal with some of the common problems in class
Teaching the disabled owner – how to adapt exercises to the physical needs of your client
Cost (for both weekends):
Residential Part Two Course £1500 (discounted price for all)
Online Part Two Course £800 (discounted price for all)
Book the Part Two course below
1. Please read the Terms & Conditions before paying your non-refundable deposit
2. Choose either Residential or Online and pay your deposit
3. Once you have paid your deposit, tick ‘Return to Merchant’ to be taken to the application form
4. Complete your application form
Once we have received your deposit and application form we will email you to confirm your place
Terms & Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required with your booking. You will be directed to a registration form once you have completed payment via Paypal and clicked “Return to Merchant”. The remaining balance is due six weeks before the start date of your course.
By applying for one of our courses you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions here:
* I understand that I must pay the complete fee (£800) for the online course by 11 February 2022 and the complete fee (£1300) for the residential course by 13 May 2022
* I understand that the £250 deposit is not refundable.
* I understand that no fees will be refundable after the deadline dates outlined above.
* I agree to abide by the Association Pet Dog Trainers Code of Practice (https://apdt.co.uk/code-of-practice-apdt/) whilst on the course.
* I have read the FAQ’s regarding the course: https://apdt.co.uk/courses-faqs/
Our Foundation Course is for people who have little or no experience of dog training instructing.
PART TWO COURSE
Our Part Two course is for people who have successfully completed the Foundation course.
Our Advanced course is for instructors with at least one year’s experience of teaching classes.
FAQ's and Information to help you make an informed decision about which course is right for you.