PART TWO COURSE
If you choose to enrol on the Part Two course, your first weekend will be on:
13 May (evening), 14, 15 and 16 May 2021
and your second weekend on:
19 August (afternoon and evening), 20, 21 and 22 August 2021
Please note: because of the ongoing and changing situation with Covid 19 courses for 2021 will be held online, via Zoom.
What does the Part Two course include?
Clicker training – teaching novel behaviour
Training vs behaviour – where does training stop and behaviour start?
Creating Competent Trainers – Learning Cycle
Progressing exercises and proofing the cue – taking it to the next level and ensuring the dog really understands
Training the assistance dog – fun exercises for dog and owner
Breed specific challenges – understanding the need for different approaches
Reviewing the class – are your classes the best they can be?
Challenging dogs and owners and how to deal with some of the common problems in class
Teaching the disabled owner – how to adapt exercises to the physical needs of your client
Cost (for both weekends): £800 (discounted price for all).
Online classes via Zoom
Terms & Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required with your booking. You will be directed to a registration form once you have completed payment via Paypal and clicked “Return to Merchant”. The remaining balance is due one month before the start date of your course.
By applying for one of our courses you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions here:
* I understand that I must pay the complete fee (£800) by 15th March 2021.
* I understand that the £250 deposit is not refundable.
* I understand that no fees will be refundable after the deadline dates outlined above.
* I agree to abide by the Association Pet Dog Trainers Code of Practice: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y23cyUS-hTAyryn0RMkCDDuQ97OTDyz_dCLod-rM8nU/edit?usp=sharing) whilst on the course.
* I have read the FAQ’s regarding the course: https://apdt.co.uk/courses-faqs/
Our Foundation Course is for people who have little or no experience of dog training instructing.
PART TWO COURSE
Our Part Two course is for people who have successfully completed the Foundation course.
Our advanced course is for instructors with at least one year’s experience of teaching classes.
FAQ's and Information to help you make an informed decision about which course is right for you.